Hummus acids are formed as a result of the decomposition of organic residues . Due to its characteristics act as "glue" soil colloids bind insoluble ions and release them as needed plants.
Hummus acids modify the structure of the soil , preventing water loss and erosion in sandy soils and contributing positively to the airing of soils concise .
Due to its chemical properties, such as retention of water-soluble fertilizers, increasing nitrogen uptake from the soil and the possibility of converting the forms into molds NPK inaccessible absorbed by plants, enrich the soil with organic and mineral substances , and thereby stimulate plant growth.
Positive effect on the germination of seeds , their vitality . Besides its effect on the germination and plant growth, can also be seen the effect of hummus acids on the proliferation of beneficial soil microorganisms and stimulation of the immune system of plants.
Hummus acids are formed as a result of the decomposition of organic residues of plant origin.
Insolubles are capable of binding metal ions , oxides and hydroxides and their slow release plant as required . Due to their characteristics , we can talk about three types of action: physical, chemical and biological .
Physical effects of humic acids :
- modify the structure of the soil,
- increase the water capacity of the soil and thereby reduce the risk of drought,
- prevent cracking of the soil, the drain to surface water and soil erosion by increasing the ability of colloids to bind water,
- improve the structure, prevent the loss of water and nutrients in light sandy soils,
- loosen the soil and improve their brief airing,
- darker color of the soil increases the absorption of solar energy.
The chemical action of hummus acids :
- neutralize the pH of the soil,
- enrich the soil with mineral and organic substances,
- improve the availability of nutrients and water for plants,
- retain water soluble fertilizers in the root zone and reduce their leaching,
- act as a natural metal ion chelating agent in an alkaline environment and facilitate their uptake by the roots,
- have a very high exchange capacity colloidal,
- conversion increases nutrients ( NPK and trace elements ) to form available to the plant,
- enhancing the uptake of nitrogen by plants,
- help eliminate chlorosis due to a lack of iron,
- reducing the availability of toxic substances from the soil.
Biological activity of humic acids :
- stimulate plant growth by accelerating cell division,
- act as organic catalysts in many biological processes,
- stimulate plant enzymes and increase their production,
- increase the natural resistance of plants to pests and diseases,
- stimulate root growth , in particular vertical , thereby increasing nutrient uptake,
- increase root respiration,
- aid in photosynthesis,
- increase the germination and viability of seeds,
stimulate the growth and proliferation of beneficial soil microorganisms.